Best Medical Alert System Companies
- Since 1974, LifeCall is an American company with a long history of providing excellent monitoring services and efficient emergency alert systems to health care facilities catering to the elderly and individuals for use both indoors and on the go all over the United States.
- ADT Health is among the leading service provider of Mobile-Personal Emergency Response Systems (MPERS) technology in the U.S. ADT Medical Alerts provides efficient and reliable Medical Alarm System Monitoring that provides help quickly and efficiently when you need it.
ALERT-1 Medical Alerts Review
Alert-1 is a highly recommended emergency medical alert devices firm. Its main objective to allow its customers mental peace and the security of reaching out for help in case of a medical emergency, either to professional medical practitioners or their loved ones.
Alert-1: ‘Emergency Medical alert systems for seniors — get peace of mind!’, which resonates with the quality of its devices and the service offered by the company. Alert-1 is an A+ rated company with the Better Business Bureau, which makes it highly credible too.
Alert-1 is a provider of emergency medical alert devices. It offers a range of devices with distinct functions and features that suit senior citizens. The company first launched itself in the year 1988 and has its headquarters in Williamsport, Pennsylvania.
Alert-1 Medical Alerts History
Alert-1 serves all 50 states in the US and has its members present nationwide. It is known for its quick service and efficient delivery. The chairman of Alert-1 is Peter Kelly. The company has on service highly trained and US-based emergency responders that always online and just a push of a button away.
Medical emergencies are one of the most dreadful things that can happen to any individual, of any age. One can try to anticipate them as much as possible, but more often than not these arise unexpectedly and put the concerned individuals in a highly delicate position, especially if they aren’t prepared to handle it.
To do away with the unpreparedness and help people take control of such situations, a lot of healthcare brands have launched medical alert systems. These are especially helpful in the case of older people who are prone to a medical mishap. Medical alert devices give them the ability to call for help, removing the worry about being alone in an emergency to a considerable extent. The idea behind these is to be proactive about emergencies and not wait for them to happen to take action. A medical alert device prepares for such circumstances and more so in case of senior citizens.
There are a lot of medical alert devices in the market. It can get overwhelming, often, to decide which is the best choice for your situation. There is a wide variety of products, some that work on touch while others that simply sense the motion and send alerts to your loved ones.
In this article, we will review Alert-1, a manufacturer of emergency medical alert devices for senior citizens, with an aim to give them and their family members peace of mind!
Products Offered By Alert-1
Home Medical Alert
The home medical alert device by Alert-1 is a landline connected system that is installed inside the house. It is electrically plugged in an outlet along with its speaker box being plugged into a phone jack. It is easy to install the device and offers great peace of mind in case you have a senior member of the family staying alone in a house.
- Requires a landline connection to work
- Has a speaker box that’s connected to the phone jack on the wall and an electrical socket
- Uses 9.6V 1600mAh Ni-Mh rechargeable battery
- The system has a built-in microphone and a speaker
- DTMF commands control the half-duplex and full-duplex speech paths
- Can add 10 help buttons in one system
- The emergency button is red in color and bright
- The system covers an area of 600 feet around the base station
- The system is preprogrammed and doesn’t need any additional formatting after delivery
- Round-the-clock emergency help
- The help button connects to trained US-based command centers
- The emergency button is bright red for easy identification
- Completely shower proof so that it can be used in the case of a fall in the shower
- Has a battery backup of 24 hours
- Extremely easy to install since no additional programming needs to be done for the system
- The caller can choose whether to reach out to a family member or the company’s command center.
- The help button can be pressed unlimited times
- The device does not allow detection by motion and only works through an actual button push
- Requires a landline for installation which might not be feasible for a lot of homes
Home Fall Detection Medical Alert
This home-based fall detection medical alert device by Alert-1 includes a fall detection pendant that alerts the device of a fall and sends an automatic call for help. The best feature about this device is that it makes the call even if the person is unable to push the button, as might be the case in accidents. It has a wide range of 400 feet which means that the pendant works not only inside the house but also outside.
No landline required
- The fall detection pendant weighs 1.1 oz
- The device does not need a landline for installation
- The pendant has a battery life of 2 years
- The device automatically places a call for help in case of fall detection
- The base unit has a two-way speaker and a microphone to contact the command center
- Works in a range of 400 feet around the base unit
- The system is preprogrammed before installation
- The system can add up to 10 help buttons
- Can be either wall mounted or placed on a table top
- The pendant does not need to be recharged since it has a battery life of two years
- The pendant is 100% shower proof
- Compatible with pacemakers as well
- A wide range ensures fall detection even outside the house
- Very easy to install and does not need wifi or cell phone
- Places a call automatically even if the individual is unable to press the button
- Does not always detect falls, therefore, it’s important to press the button despite the auto detector
- The reply time, at times, takes longer than usual
Kelsi: On-the-Go Medical Alert System
It’s not necessary that when a medical emergency arises you’ll be at home always. You might be on the move when some mishap happens and you require urgent medical attention. The on-the-go medical alert system is built to cater to just that. It goes wherever you go so that you can travel without worrying about calling for help. It keeps you safe with its in-built location sensor that automatically sends for help even if you don’t know your exact location.
No landline required
- In-built location sensor technology
- Does not need internet or landline to function
- The button is in built in the pendant that one wears around their neck
- The device uses Verizon telecom for calling
- Includes a belt clip attachment
- The device has a battery life of 30 days
- Comes with a full-duplex speakerphone in the pendant with 60 decibels volume
- The help button weighs 47 grams
- The button on the device initiates a call to the command upon pressing that in turn contacts 911
- The location sensor allows for automatic detection of the place even if you are not aware of your location
- Highly water resistant
- Very small and lightweight and therefore, is easily transported
- Does not need any additional cellular plans or internet
- The built-in microphone allows easy communication with the command center
- Contacts the emergency responders for you on detection of fall and pressing the button
- The device is also compatible with pacemakers and can be safely worn around the neck
- The battery life reduces with every user activity including talk time and cellular activity
- Only works on Verizon cellular service
Kelsi Pro: On-the-Go Fall Detection
What if you are in a fall somewhere remote and you are not in a position to press the help button on the device? Kelsi Pro On-the-Go Fall Detection device takes care of this problem as the device comes with a motion sensor that detects a fall and calls for help without you pressing the help button. The in-built location technology finds out where you are and relays that information to the command center that then chooses to either send the information to 911 or your family based on your preferences.
No landline required
- Uses AT&T network to place calls
- Does not need a landline or internet connection
- An in-built GPS technology that detects the location
- Motion sensor that detects the fall and automatically notifies the command center for help
- The person can customize whom to call in case of a medical emergency
- The battery lasts up to 5 days
- Uses GPS, Wi-Fi and mobile network to find the location
- Has full-duplex speakerphone that produces 60 decibels of sound
- No need to buy any additional cellular or internet plan
- Automatically detects the fall without pressing the button
- The in-built location sensor detects your location even if you don’t know where you are
- Long battery life
- You can set your preferences about whom to call in case of a medical emergency
- The automatic fall sensor automatically calls the command center
- Can be easily worn around the neck and is extremely lightweight
- There is a 2-way communication with the command center
- Highly water resistant and can be easily worn in a shower
- Does not work on any network other than AT&T, so you need to check with the service is available in your area
- The battery keeps reducing with every cellular activity
On-the-Go + Home Fall Detection Bundle
You might be confused between buying a medical alert system that serves your home or that serves you on the go. Both have their own utility and depending on who you are buying it for, the purchase decision can change. However, you don’t need to decide since Alert-1 offers a bundle of both in a single purchase. You can buy both Home Fall Detection and On-the-Go Medical Alert together so you can carry the device as a pendant when you leave the house and keep it on a charge while you are inside so that it keeps you safe at all times.
Both devices are equipped with fall detection sensors that automatically place a call to the command center on sensing a fall, also transmitting the location through the inbuilt GPS in the mobile pendant. Even if you haven’t kept a track of your location, your medical alert device has.
- Two-way communication with the command center through speaker and microphone
- GPS in built in the mobile pendant
- A bundled package that includes the home medical alert device as well as on the go
- Requires landline and the mobile pendant uses AT&T network
- Both devices have automatic fall detection sensors that call the command center directly on detecting a fall
- The package is activated on arrival
- No need to decide between on-the-go or home medical alert device
- Both devices have automatic fall detection sensors
- Equipped with GPS technology to locate the individual
- Powerful battery life for both devices
- Can charge the on-the-go pendant while at home using the home device
- You can push the help button unlimited times
- You can choose your emergency responders and customize your contacts
- The on-the-go pendant only works on AT&T network
The medical alert devices by Alert-1 start from a monthly price of $19.95 and can go up to $52.95 if you choose the annual plan. There are several options including annual, semi-annual and quarterly. Let’s take a look at the pricing for each product under these plans.
Home Medical Alert
- Starts at $19.95 per month
Home Fall Detection Medical Alert
- Starts at $30.95 per month
On-the-Go Medical Alert System
- Starts at $36.95 per month
On-the-Go Fall Detection
- Starts at $46.95 per day
On-the-Go + Home Fall Detection
- Starts at $52.95 per month
When it comes to keeping your dear ones safe, you can’t afford to compromise on the quality of the safety devices in cases of a medical emergency. There are a lot of factors that make Alert-1 devices one of the most popular medical alert systems in the market.
Alert-1 is a highly recommended provider of medical alert devices and has fast delivery and service. It has trained US-based command centers that respond immediately. One of the best features is that the responders do not leave the call until the situation is under control and help has been received. There are no limits on the number of times the button can be pressed nor there is a restriction on the talk time. The devices are customized to suit everyone’s preferences and people can customize whom they want to be first responders. All these features make Alert-1 devices highly recommended.