Best Medical Alert System Companies
- Since 1974, LifeCall is an American company with a long history of providing excellent monitoring services and efficient emergency alert systems to health care facilities catering to the elderly and individuals for use both indoors and on the go all over the United States.
- ADT Health is among the leading service provider of Mobile-Personal Emergency Response Systems (MPERS) technology in the U.S. ADT Medical Alerts provides efficient and reliable Medical Alarm System Monitoring that provides help quickly and efficiently when you need it.
Life Alert Review
In the event of an emergency at home, be it a fall, heart attack, seizure, stroke or any other serious medical emergency, a senior may not be able to reach the phone and may lie on the floor for several hours or even for days without any help. This is where a medical alert service is vital and can help to save their life by calling for help before an injury can turn fatal.
Medical Alert services enable seniors to remain independent for longer and avoid going to a retirement home by sending help quickly in the case of a medical emergency, fall, shower or home intrusion emergencies. With Life Alert, the health and safety of seniors is just a press of a button away.
Life Alert handles more than 2 million calls each year and it saves one life at least every 11 minutes from a potential catastrophe. You can now live a safer and better life with the Life Alert system.
The creator of “Help, I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!” company, Life Alert Emergency Response Inc. is a company that offers PERS (Personal Emergency Response Systems) and Home Medical Alert services. Life Alert helps to save lives from catastrophic events by making use of unique technology and offers top-notch home audio monitoring protection.
Life Alert History
Started in 1987, Life Alert has its headquarters in Encino, California. The company has been serving its customers for more than 18 years across the United States. Life Alert offers comprehensive assistance to its members with the help of its state-of-the-art technology and a team of 600 employees. Life Alert’s dispatchers are available 24×7 to help you in the case of an emergency. Life Alert has 8 offices across the U.S., over 150,000 members and responds to around 500,000 emergency calls every year.
Life Alert’s medical alert system is designed to protect elders and your members at home in the event of a medical emergency. The company’s solutions help seniors to live in their home comfortably and independently, the way they want to with complete security and peace of mind.
According to a survey conducted by ACNielsen, around 87% of Life Alert’s members stated that the protection offered by Life Alert is the most important factor in their decision to stay at home independently rather than moving to a retirement home and 95% of the users stated that they are protected in their home by using the Life Alert services.
Why Use Life Alert?
While Life Alert’s services are commonly used by people living alone, it can also be of great help to families, couples, etc. It can be used by seniors who are in poor health and cannot drive. Or, it can be used by any person who is alone by themselves during the day and is in poor health, is suffering from a high-risk health issue or is recovering from surgery.
It can be very beneficial for persons with limited mobility and who may find it difficult to reach a telephone to call for assistance in case of an emergency. The monitoring service of Life Alert is invaluable in the event of a fall, heart attack, stroke, if you’re injured or simply confused and disoriented. Life Alert can be of great help in all these situations.
Just a push of the medical alert button activates Life Alert’s 2-way amplified-voice communication device, which allows you to speak with the emergency dispatchers, who will contact your family, neighbors, paramedics, police or fire department as required. Life Alert offers round-the-clock medical emergency help, even if you are unable to reach a phone and complete peace of mind to the users, as well as the family members. And, the Life Alert Help cell phone offers protection when you’re away from home.
Products Offered By Life Alert
This premium service offers a link with the outside world that enables you to get immediate medical attention. The service offers top-quality 24×7 emergency protection with the help of state-of-the-art equipment that is UL-certified. The system ensures that in the event of an emergency, the appropriate authorities are notified and help to minimize the risk of permanent disability, damage and death.
The medical emergency service is essentially an in-home medical alert system, which consists of a Signature Main Unit and an emergency pendant, i.e. a watch or pendant button for use at home. The main unit works with your regular landline It has a backup battery which lasts for at least 72 hours. And, if you don’t have a landline telephone, there is no need to worry, Life Alert offers various plans that can be personalized according to your specific lifestyle and the package can also include wireless options.
Life Alert’s emergency pendant is a cutting-edge device that is lightweight and 100% waterproof. It can be worn as a pendant or a wristband and does not require to be charged. The emergency pendant has a range of 800 feet and keeps you protected 24×7, at all times of your day, anywhere in your home. All of Life Alert’s equipment is maintenance-free.
- In-home medical alert system.
- Main Unit
- Work with your landline or choice of cellular network
- Battery backup lasts for up to 72 hours
- Round-the-clock U.S-based monitoring
- Emergency Pendants
- Range: 800 feet
- Can be worn as a wristband or pendant
- 100% waterproof
- Battery Life: Up to 7 years
- Does not require charging
- Works both with landline and cellular network.
- Offers help in and around your home.
- The emergency pendant has a good range.
- Long battery backup.
The HELP button is fully waterproof and has been designed by Life Alert to offer complete protection in your bathroom, shower, bathtub, bedroom or any other place in your home. The HELP button runs on batteries which never require charging and have a life of 10 years. There is no need for an electrical outlet or a telephone line. All you need to do is push the HELP button, which is easy to access in order to reach the Life Alert Emergency Monitoring Center and you can speak to the Life Alert respondent directly round the clock and get help quickly.
- 100% waterproof HELP button
- Does not require an electrical outlet or a telephone line
- Battery Life: 10 years
- The battery does not need charging
- Larger and eye-catching buttons.
- Easy to use.
- Can be used in the bathroom, shower, etc. because it is fully waterproof.
- Impressive battery life.
Home Intrusion Protection
When your alone at home, whether during the day or at night, hearing strange noises can get you worried and make you wonder if your safe in your home. Life Alert’s home intrusion protection ensures that you feel safe and protected at all times. Life Alert offers an audio monitoring system that comes with a HELP button.
When you press the HELP button, you will be connected by the system to Life Alert’s 24×7 monitoring center in just a few seconds. You can directly speak to Life Alert’s dispatchers and you don’t need a phone. The system’s ultra-sensitive microphone allows the dispatcher to listen to the activity in your home.
In the case of a break-in and if there is an intruder in your home, the Life Alert dispatcher can speak loudly on the voiceover system and scare the intruder away by telling the person that they should leave your premises immediately and that they have been recorded. The Life Alert dispatcher also informs the authorities and stays with you on the line until help arrives and you are safe.
- Audio monitoring system
- HELP button
- Speakers and ultra-sensitive microphone
- 24×7 U.S. based monitoring
- Offers protection against intruders, offering complete peace of mind.
- Microphone and speakers are loud and clear.
- Allows the dispatcher to listen to the sounds in your home.
- Does not offer smoke detectors or CO monitoring.
Life Alert Mobile + GPS
If you are away from home and need a medical alert solution, then the Life Alert Mobile + GPS is a good option for you. Life Alert Mobile consists of an emergency button that you can either wear or carry in your pocket or bag. The emergency pendant runs on a battery that does not require charging and lasts up to 10 years.
In the event of an emergency, all you need to do is push the large button, which is easily accessible to reach the Life Alert Emergency Monitoring Center. The HELP button works on GSM cellular networks and offers nationwide coverage. The GPS can locate you anywhere in the country where GSM mobile phones operate.
- Life Alert Mobile + GPS
- Emergency button can be worn or carried
- Works on GSM cellular networks
- Nationwide coverage
- Battery operated pendant that does not require charging
- Battery Life: Up to 10 years
- Easy to wear or carry with you wherever you go.
- GPS tracking lets you track the location and activity of the user.
- Compact device.
- Does not have very advanced features.
- GPS system does not involve the family members and is restricted to the call center and the user.
Protection On the Go
If you travel a lot or have an active lifestyle out of your home, then Life Alert offers emergency Protection on the Go. You can access this emergency protection on your mobile phone and there are 2 options available:
- For standard mobile phones, where you can directly speed dial and access the Life Alert Emergency Monitoring Center.
- For smartphones, the Life Alert App, which allows you to connect to the Life Alert Emergency Monitoring Center.
In case of an emergency, all you need to do is press a number on your mobile phone and you will be connected to Life Alert’s Emergency Monitoring Center. The emergency dispatcher will remain with you on the phone until you get help and are safe.
- Works with your mobile phone
- Speed dial from your regular mobile phone
- Access monitoring center via the Life Alert App through your smartphone
- 24×7 U.S. based monitoring
- It is extremely easy and convenient to call for help directly from your cell phone.
- Has an option for regular mobile phones and also for smartphones.
- Gives you the freedom to be on the move.
- Quite expensive.
The cost of the various services and packages offered by Life Alert is not available on their website and to know more about the cost, you can call Life Alert’s salesperson or request for their brochure. And, you cannot purchase on their website. Nevertheless, Life Alert claims that a 36-month membership with Life Alert will cost less than the cost of being in a retirement facility for a month. And, the savings that seniors can get by subscribing to Life Alert’s services, will allow them to live an independent and secure life in their own home with a 24×7 medical service available at the press of a button.
Life Alert is among the earliest to offer medical alert solutions to the American market. The company is well-known for the famous “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up” television commercials that helped to make the medical alert systems concept widely understood and accepted. While Life Alert does not offer a huge variety of medical alert systems or their systems do not have the most advanced features, yet they have the most experience in offering medical alert solutions. Check out our Life Alert Alternatives if you are looking for something with more features.
Their range of products include a basic in-home medical alert system comprising of a base unit and an emergency button, a mobile + GPS device and a phone app, which allows the members to use their mobile phones as a medical alert system, have received many positive reviews from users. Life Alert’s call centers are CSAA five-diamond certified and are known for their excellent and effective customer service.